Ooh a questionnaire! I read this over on Jess’ blog at Catch A Single Thought, and I couldn’t resist. I love little things like this, so here goes.
Four names that people call me other than Alice…
1) Mrs Wright (all day, 5 days a week)…I didn’t really appreciate that this was my name til I started working in a school. I’m a Mrs – ahh!
2) Ali (by Mum, Dad and Nana)
3) Sweetpeapea – one of many names that my Mr has for me
4) Al – a few of my friends call me this
Four jobs that I have had…
1) Waitress in a pub
2) Shop Assistant at a newsagents
3) French Club teacher
4) Teaching Assistant in Reception
Four movies I have watched more than once…
1) Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (literally 17 times, I used to be able to recite every single line)
2) Finding Nemo
4) How To Train Your Dragon – both films. Anyone else want a pet Toothless?
No caption needed!
Four books I’d recommend…
1) Call the Midwife books (CtheM, Shadows of the Workhouse and Farewell to the East End) – engaging, informative, heartbreaking. I learnt so much about childbirth from reading these – who knew the placenta had to be born?!
2) Hunger Games trilogy….So. Good.
3) Pride and Prejudice – I’ve read it so many times, there are just so many classically brilliant lines.
4) Harry Potter series (except maybe the fifth book, Harry is just TOO mardy). I love JK Rowling’s writing, it was easy to follow as a child/teenager, yet is still well written (to my not-literary-educated mind) to enjoy as an adult.
Four places I’ve lived…
3) Paris, France
4) Fes, Morocco
Bab Boujeloud, Fes, Morocco – the archway to one entrance of the old city
Four places I’ve been…
1) Maryland, US
2) New Zealand
Beirut, Lebanon, probably minutes before my Mr proposed nearly 4 years ago 🙂
Four places I’d rather be right now…
1) In bed
2) At a proper Italian restaurant eating pizza
3) On my Auntie’s balcony in New Zealand eating breakfast with my Nana
4) Did I already say in bed?
Four things I don’t eat…
2) Spicy food (like really spicy, I’ll eat stuff with flavour, not burning my mouth and throat)
3) Mushrooms (I am trying these though, still not 100% convinced)
4) Sushi – I’ve only just started eating cooked fish, let’s leave raw fish for now, shall we?
Four of my favourite foods…
(Oh so healthy)
Four TV shows I watch…
1) How I Met Your Mother
3) Location, Location, Location
4) Top Gear
Four things I’m looking forward to this year…
1) The arrival of a new niece in June
2) Going camping with my hubby
3) Seeing where we end up in the next few months
Taken during Spring 2010…no sign of these beauties yet 🙂
Four things I’m always saying…
1) “Stop fighting/hitting/punching/kicking!” (we have some pretty physical boys in our class)
2) “Hubby, could you just…?” I’m far too lazy, always asking my Mr to do something for me..
3) “Have you switched the radiators off?” We have electric heaters as radiators, so we can’t put a timer on…if we forget to switch them off (like I did this morning), we’re basically pouring money down the drain.
4) “Cool” I say this far too much. Not cool.
Et voilà! Hope you enjoyed (?) that, have a go yourself if you fancy it 🙂